Monday, February 14, 2005

confessions of an information junkie

Put the pen to the page and just keep
writing it's supposed to be that easy
right but it's not and we wonder how
novels develop from chapters from pages of words
they must all be driven by some purpose
and glued together by whatever makes writing
stick like ink on paper and it's really the
only way to proclaim incontrovertible truth
wouldn't you agree but some ignore words
of ink on paper and it may be easier than
it should be to admit that I do right
now it all just seems like rambling obscuring
a not-so-important confession why don't
I READ like I even forgot to go to the
library today what was that about how do
words make that inevitable transition from
pleasure to chore and how can I stop it
you've got to help me

come up from behind me and pull like
your life depends on it drag me down
into the bottomless pit of information
overload slap me across the face like I've
earned it because I'm not leaving
now stuck in my new role as bitkeeper
doormat for the media pirate's plunder
we both question why it all has to come
through me but one of us really knows
and is painfully hiding it keeping it safe
because the truth would fill the pit bury
us all truth too large for reality I crave
it I crave it can't live without it
anymore and this is a habit ten days
won't break so don't get out the tomato
soup just yet there's no patch for this one
and I lost hope long ago that one can
be weaned off it's too strong it's what
we all live for and what we miss when
we're gone but it's too much so I must
vomit to clear the way for more regurgitate
as though it will end the cycle each time
but give me three seconds and I'll be begging
for it make it stop help me kick my
habit don't feed me don't feed me don't
feed me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home